I am a huge fan of curly hair! When done right, it can speak so much about your personality and beauty outlook. But textured hair requires the right care and styling products. You need the perfect amount of hydration, frizz-control, and styling. Below you will find some frugal, drugstore beauty products to help you rock the best tendrils possible!
1. Curly hair tends to get tangled easily. To avoid stubborn knots and tangles, always use a wide-tooth comb. Start at the ends working upward and spray hair lightly with a product like Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil. It gives instant smoothness and shine.
2. Invest in a silk pillow or wrap your hair in a silk scarf before going to bed. Silk is very gentle on the hair cuticle and won't roughen hair fibers. You'll wake up with great-looking hair every time.
3. With each new season, switch your hair routine just like you do with your skin care. The summer months call for lighter products that can be used on wet or dry hair to boost and define natural curls or give added definition and shine. Try Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel; it gives the perfect amount of light control for soft waves and curls.
4. If you're beach bound, grab suncreen for your skin and sun-protect your hair with Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment. Saturate wet hair with it for extra conditioning and protecting benefits.
5. Twisting hair after washing will break the curls and create frizz. Instead, gently squeeze excess water from hair using your towel and then apply Garnier Fructis Style Curl Calm Down Anti-Frizz Cream. Work a big dollop of the product into your hands first to activate the ingredients, then gently massage into hair without pulling or tugging. Allow hair to air-dry for frizz-free curls.
6. Color-treated curly hair needs extra conditioning. Do a weekly conditioning treatment like Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition 3-Minute Undo Dryness Reversal Treatment, which quickly reverses dryness and adds lots of nourishment to curls. Hydrated hair holds on to color longer and always looks healthier.